This recipe is extremely easy to make, perfect for the holidays, and will satisfy even the most critical meat-eaters (lol) ❤️ To add, it is 100% plant-based, is soy and nut-free, and can easily be made gluten-free!
Note: I want to caution those with severe nut allergies from trying Beyond Meat products because some nut allergies are triggered by pea protein, which is the base of their products. Just something to be aware of!
Serves 4-5 people
Total Time: 1 hour
-1/3 cup ketchup
-1 tbsp dijon mustard
-1 tsp black pepper
-2 tbsp bbq sauce
-1 package of Beyond Meat Plant-based Beef
-1 tbsp egg replacer w 1/4 cup water (I used Bob's Red Mill) or aquafaba
-4 cloves of garlic
-1 cup panko breadcrumbs (if you are gluten-free, you can blend up gluten-free bread)
-4 tbsp flour (can also use gluten-free flour)
-2 tbsp vegan Worcestershire sauce or bbq sauce
-1/4 cup plant milk
-1 tsp black pepper
-1 tsp salt
-1 tbsp garlic powder
-1 tsp smoked paprika
-2 tsp cajun seasoning
-1 tsp thyme
1. Mix the egg replacer and water in a bowl and set aside. At this time, preheat your oven to 375 F.
2. Mix the bbq sauce, pepper, ketchup, and mustard in another bowl and set aside.
3. Chop the onion and garlic and sauté in a pan until translucent.
4. Set aside onion and garlic to cool.
5. In a large bowl, add the Beyond Beef, egg replacer, flour, breadcrumbs, cooled onion and garlic, and spices. Add your plant milk of choice little by little until the texture becomes easier to mix and resembles ground beef.
6. Spread the meatloaf mixture evenly into a loaf pan and top with the glaze.
7. Bake your meatloaf at 375 for 30-40 minutes, checking on it at the 30-minute mark until it looks golden brown around the edges.
there you have it! easy, delicious, perfect for gatherings! you can easily double the recipe for larger groups! please tag me on instagram or facebook @tsoyum if you recreate this recipe or any of my others! thank you for your support and happy holidays ❤️