A quick, healthy, and super filling meal! Perfect for after a workout as one of these salads has roughly 41 grams of protein! All the people who ask vegans where they get their protein are suddenly quiet now lmao ;) I'm not vegan but eat about 85% plant-based (I still eat fish but have cut out chicken and turkey recently). I tried out the new Lightlife Plant-based Ground in place of ground chicken or turkey and was pleasantly surprised. It doesn't taste like ground meat but has its own unique flavor that I am a fan of. Also, this meal is top-8 allergen friendly!!! However, if you have nut allergies, it's important to make sure that pea protein is safe for you before trying a pea protein-based meat alternative like the Lightlife one.
Makes 4 servings
Total time: 15 minutes
-1 package of Lightlife Plant-based Ground (Beyond vegan ground meat or any veggie ground meat crumbles are other good alternatives)
-2 bell peppers
-1 bag of baby spinach/salad mix of choice
-4 cups of kale/broccoli slaw
-1 can of refried vegan pinto beans
-1 can of black beans
-1/2 sweet onion
-1 tbsp olive oil
-3 tbsp water
-your favorite salsa (also guac/avocado would be amazing I just didn't have any)
-1 package of low sodium taco seasoning (or use your own seasonings if u fancy)
1. In a pan over medium heat, drizzle your olive oil and add your chopped sweet onion.
2. Once the onion becomes translucent, add your plant-based ground meat and break it up with a spatula into small bits.
3. Once the ground meat has been cooking for about 4 minutes, add 1/2 of the taco seasoning and the water. Cook until everything is nice and combined.
4. Set the cooked meat aside. In another pan (or same one if you're like me & hate doing dishes) add your chopped bell pepper and cook for about 5 minutes. Add 1/4 of the remaining taco seasoning and cook for 5 more minutes.
5. Set the bell pepper aside and drain and rinse your black beans well.
6. Heat up your refried beans (I got mine from a can but if you wanna make your own you go gurl) + black beans in a pan over low heat for a couple minutes just to heat em up and add the rest of the taco seasoning.
7. Put your ground meat, bell pepper, and beans on a bed of your favorite salad mix and add the slaw + salsa.